The increasing internationalisation of the world economy has lead to parties to agreements being able to choose Arbitration as a preferred method of commercial dispute resolution.
The advantages of international arbitration over domestic litigation that are frequently cited include the following:
- Industry experts can be chosen as arbitrators, rather than more generalist judges.
- International arbitration can be more flexible that domestic litigation.
- International arbitration can be confidential, which is useful if the parties wish to continue their business relations.
- International arbitration can provide better-quality justice than many domestic court systems, which are overburdened or, at times, corrupt
The following venues are amongst the most widely used –
- London Court of International Arbitration
- The International Chamber of Commerce
- JAMS International
- American Arbitration Association
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre
The range of arbitration disputes for which advice and assistance can be provided is the following –
- Financial disputes
- Commodity based disputes
For assistance with Arbitration disputes and litigation please email or telephone 07460 005 769.
To further discuss any area of Arbitration with an experienced lawyer please contact us or call
07460 005 769.